1. I never imagined that I would start a blog, because I don't really have much interesting to say; but.....
I got a camera for my birthday a few weeks ago, and I'm quite excited. I never really realized how much I wanted a camera until I got one. I love pictures. A picture captures a frozen moment in time. One little picture that captures just one second can bring to my mind a whole flood of memories. I've always loved looking at old pictures, remembering people and places, etc. So this is going to be a photo-journal of sorts, mainly a place to share pictures, and to tell stories through them. But, as of now, I know nothing about cameras and I'm really not a good photographer, so bear with me. Since my memory card holds over 500 pictures, I'll be doing lots of practicing. 2. The title of this blog is not original. I got the idea from a Louisa May Alcott book. I've realized that over the last year or so, being an aunt has become a large part of my identity. I spend quite a bit of time with my two adorable nieces, so that relationship will naturally be a large part of this story. And although I spend a lot of time living with my sister and her young family, my true home is in Apex. I thought this title would be quite appropriate: it is the home of three aunts, and while it's not exactly on a hill, the whole town is know for its high elevation :)
So, if you ever feel like looking at this blog, I hope you enjoy it. But if not, I'm sure I'll still enjoy babbling on anyway....
I'll start posting pictures whenever I find the cord thing that goes with my camera :)
1 comment:
Julie,
Bethany let me in on your blog. Soooo sweet! I love the pics of your family. Also, happy belated bday! Very creative name - you girls are all so gifted!
Susan Bakita
Post a Comment